Ashby Cohen is able to deal with all partnership issues including those involving the expulsion of a partner or the dissolution of the partnership.
Whether you are seeking help with a general partnership, a limited partnership, or a limited liability partnership, we can work with you to:
- Clarify the legal position - the Partnership Act 1890, the Limited Partnership Act 1907, and the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000 provide default provisions governing the relationship between the partners, and we can advise on the application of this legislation to your particular circumstances.
- Protect your position - we can offer advice in order to advance your interests, reduce risk, and help avoid future problems. This includes working with you to draw up a strategy that minimises the potential of litigation, which inevitably leads to costs and time away from business.
- Negotiate - if you are in dispute, we can negotiate a satisfactory solution by facilitating the agreement of the terms on which you exit a partnership.
- Litigate - We offer a full litigation service to help you make or defend a claim.
There are three types of partnerships. Please click on the links below for more information.
There are certain aspects of employment law that apply to all partnerships, such as:
- Discrimination, which is pursued in the Employment Tribunal.
- Restrictive Covenants, in a partnership agreement are more likely to be enforceable than in employment contracts. Courts have shown themselves reluctant to strike down restrictive covenants between partners unless outrageously wide.